How do I get my skin to GLOW? What do I need to do?
The secrets to glowing skin…..
A major component— and signal— of healthy skin is a natural glow. But causes like lack of sleep, stress, age, and even what you eat can rob your complexion of its radiance. Transform skin that looks dull and tired to luminous and glowing with expert tips and
skincare product picks from the experts at Spa361 at The Dermatology and Skin Cancer Institute.
1. Cleanse and exfoliate regularly to keep the skin luminous. Clear away dirt and oil which can clog pores and cause dullness. Exfoliate to removes the outer layer of dead cells on the skin surface to leave smoother skin that reflects light to make it glow. Dr. Saxena’s favorite wash is our Skin Aesthetics MD Clarifying Brightening Polish because it exfoliates as well as cleans at the same time!
2. Brighten your skin with an antioxidant skincare product such as the Skin Aesthetics MD Brightening Vitamin C Serum which works by blocking enzymes in the skin that produce pigment.
3. Hydrate, hydrate, and hydrate! Lack of hydration makes your complexion dull and even accentuates wrinkles. Apply a moisturizer in the morning and evening to replenish hydration. One of our most popular moisturizers is the Zerafite Barrier Repair Moisturizer. Another great choice is the Skin Aesthetics MD Triple Antioxidant Cream which gets vital antioxidants into the skin as well as hydrates.
4. Boost that Hydration. Add a hydrating booster serum such as Skin Aesthetics MD Pure Hydration Hyaluronic Acid Serum. Hyaluronic Acid is a humectant that draws moisture into the skin to immediately make it appear plump and smooth. In addition, use add a tinted sunscreen afterward to both protect the skin and help it shine at the same time!
5. Eat Antioxidant-rich food. Load up on grapes, berries, and nuts like pecans and walnuts, which are rich in polyphenols such as ellagic acid and resveratrol. These types of antioxidants combat free radicals to help protect skin cells from UV damage like hyperpigmentation.
6. See your friendly dermatologist. We can tackle stubborn skin issues such as hyperpigmentation, brown spots, and melasma, as well as scarring from conditions such as acne. We’d be happy to review skincare products best suited to your skin and simple skin care procedures that will compliment your daily product regimen to stimulate collagen and keep your skin healthy and glowing!
So remember, the skin is the body’s largest organ, so we have to take care of it!